Auto Suspension Analysis
Every vehicle needs to be maintained well. Imagine the wear and tear on your vehicle – carrying its weight alone, tires, metal parts and all, plus the human occupants and cargo, and you can imagine what your vehicle goes through each day.
Obviously, we haven’t considered the daily terrain and weather conditions, dust, debris, rocks, etc. that a vehicle goes through. Nor can we forget about how some drivers don’t handle their vehicles properly.
Our vehicles’ suspensions take a real beating from these. But don’t worry, Dallas Auto Paint offers auto suspension analysis in McKinney, TX.
How do you know you need to have your suspensions checked?
It’s simple, take the following six (6) factors into consideration:
- Tires wear out unevenly. A failing suspension system can cause your tires to wear down at odd spots, never evenly. It’s a sign of some imbalance in the suspension.
- Vehicle nose dives when you hit the brakes. In this case, you’ll get thrown forward abruptly when you step slightly on the brakes. It can be dangerous, for obvious reasons.
- Rough rides. No one wants their drive to be rough, especially when you’re in your vehicle for safety, comfort, and convenience. Such bumpy rides signify suspension problems.
- Car bounces more than two or three times when you bounce on it from the front or the rear. That’s one way to test the strength and stability of your suspensions.
- Greasy shocks or struts. Oil leaks from those important suspension components. Anything that leaks needs looking into. You might even have to replace those shocks.
- Your car pulls or drifts when you turn. Ever felt that slight but detectable pull when you turn? Your suspension system may need to be inspected in case.
Here are some things to remember about suspension:
It’s all “S”.
Three of them, in fact: suspensions, struts, and shocks. All inter-related and connected. Everything is a system in a vehicle anyway. And every system must be precise and aligned for a smooth and easy ride. In this case, when you come across such problems, it’s time to visit Dallas Auto Paint for an auto suspension analysis.
Appreciate the fact that all land-based vehicles rely upon those tires and are guided by steering and suspension systems.
Obviously, if you own a vehicle, you’ll be able to tell whether it’s running smoothly or not.
If your car stops in the middle of the road or starts having issues, it might be time to visit Dallas Auto Paint and have your vehicle checked out.